The importance of agriculture in Nigeria has always been underscored by several factors, notably the sheer size of contribution to the GDP, (currently at 23.9% down from as high as 66% through the seventies), the percentage of people it employs, the vast endowment of land fit for it (which stands at over 93m hectares) and the diversity of crops and animals that can be produced profitably in Nigeria. Since the latest near collapse of the Oil & Gas sector in 2014, agriculture has been identified as the most viable alternative in the drive for diversification of Nigeria’s economy.
It is an obvious fact that a lot of players have been moving into the agriculture space in recent times. This new influx of players should necessarily translate into investments and inward flow of resources to the sector. However, this resource flow places new demands on governments, as well as creates capacity constraints on the part of these new players. Some of the key questions that require answers include: a) how do we develop the value chains of these produce? b) how do we install a quality management system? c) how do we ensure the adoption of best practices on the farms? d) how do we plan produce-evacuation in an efficient manner? e) how do we incentivize the farmers to sustain or increase production? (f) how do we ensure the flow of capital into the sector? Etc.
With the above listed issues in an environment where both the federal and state governments have inadequate resources, government must of necessity put in place the required infrastructure to address these problems while also encouraging the private sector to play a more active role in solving them.
- Corporate Strategy and Business plan development for Bank of Agriculture
- Performed Mini strategy session for an integrated agro allied company on oil palm production concept for Alvita Farms Limited
- Completed Strategy Development for Parrallex MFB
- Completed Strategic Business Plan Development, Fundraising and Coy Set-up for Xonyx Limited.
- Business model development and market-entry analysis to establish inclusive supply chains, connect buyers and sellers of agricultural produce, and enable agricultural players enter new markets.
- Development of innovative and inclusive agro-finance models to increase public and private investment to farmers, cooperatives, and processors and designing finance facilities that support these businesses
- Human-centered design research to assess market demand and tailor products and services to consumer needs.
- Monitoring and evaluation of programs and funds that support agriculture to ensure that ongoing and future projects impact everyone along the agricultural supply chain sustainably and equitably.
We are an emerging market management consulting and enterprise development company, inspired by a collective mission of building and transforming business enterprises for phenomenal success in the market they operate in.
Address: 1 Rachael Nwangwu Close, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: GL +(234) 0812 722 7044