One of the most critical factors for the development of any economy is the availability of power. Nigeria’s reliance on Oil & Gas to realize her uninterruptible power supply dream is fast becoming unrealistic as the energy landscape becomes more diversified and new options begin to mature.
The significant shift of the power industry towards renewable energy sources has dominated global discourse in the past decade as several industrial giants of the world resolve to cut their carbon footprint for the sake of humanity. This trend not only calls for new strategic thinking by the government and the energy companies, but massively opens up the sector to disruption by new players. The case of Tesla in the auto industry is an example and more will come.
The winning trick lies in the ability to accurately forecast the direction that the industry is headed, invest in the winning technology and carefully avoid unproven technologies. This trick should also factor in timing and speed of change. The sheer quantum of new investments that have to be made in aligning with the directional change in this industry also constitute a challenge that requires strategic support. The sector will benefit from this kind of critical analysis as we begin to grapple with our incredible energy deficits in Nigeria.
Nextzon would continue to concentrate efforts on adding value to the traditional Oil & Gas offerings while helping energy companies develop new initiatives in the emerging frontiers of renewable energy. For strategic reasons, we believe the development of both energy sources (biofuel and renewable) should be pursued, given the proprietary of existing natural resources to the Nigerian landscape.
- Nationwide research/survey on power requirement of major customers for a multinational energy company.
- Conducted a nationwide research/survey in to power requirement of major customers for a multinational energy company.
- Corporate Restructuring, Design & Implementation for a major Oil & Gas company.
- Organizational Restructure and redesign of management and governance processes for Segofs Energy Services Ltd.
- Business Strategy & Set up and provision of end to end institutionalization support services for Newco Oil & Gas Services Ltd.
- Set up and provision of end to end institutionalization support services for Nadabo Energy.
- Development of Business Strategy, Models and Plans and Back Office Operations for Haven Oil & Gas Limited.
- Business Advisory Services relating to restructuring for Destiny Dredging International.
- Review and Articulation of Business Plan and Financial projection for Global Processes & Pipeline Services Ltd.
- Recruitment Exercise for Proxima Energy Limited.
- Design of a strategic communication plan for NERC.
- Development of a human resource performance management system for Mid- Western Oil & gas
- BOI/ UNDP Access to renewable energy (AtRE) for Bank of Industry
- Business Plan development for Pinnacle Oil & Gas
- Recruitment for Pinnacle Oil & Gas
- Feasibility study on a property development projects for Pinnacle Oil & Gas
- Design and implementation of org structures and systems for Pinnacle Oil & Gas
- Transaction Advisory: Co-Advisor & joint mandate executor in their proposed Acquisition of Core/Strategic Equity in CAPITAL HOTELS PLC, (OWNER OF ABUJA SHERATON HOTELS) ABUJA under the BPE privatization program for Shelter Point Properties Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Advisor: To one of the top five banks in Nigeria in a N4 Billion Project Finance transaction with expected gross income of approximately USD100million) – Roles included, securitization of sea-going Vessels valued more than $18m and execution of due diligence at International Shipping Registries located at Panama, Belize, and New York. Vessels are diving support equipment for performing client’s contracts with Shell Petroleum and Exxon-Mobil Producing and registered under Panama, Belize and Liberia flags
- Designed and implemented organizational structure, instituted framework for performance management, finance and HR operations for Petroleum Solutions Limited
- Conducted Nationwide survey/ research in to power requirement of major customers for General Electric
- Strategy Development & Review
- Develop corporate investment strategy
- Evaluate macroeconomic and industry trends and their impact on utilities
We are an emerging market management consulting and enterprise development company, inspired by a collective mission of building and transforming business enterprises for phenomenal success in the market they operate in.
Address: 1 Rachael Nwangwu Close, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: GL +(234) 0812 722 7044