The real estate sector is one with a massive pent up demand. Confusion appears to have always dogged the sector as to what role governments should play, especially in the provision of affordable housing for the poor and underprivileged. In the past (during the 1980s) it had tried direct intervention by building estates and commercial properties. However, there has been little to show for these efforts much of which is due to the unique situation of the country with respect to corruption and the rule of law.
In recent times, the private sector has led the way and has made massive investments into the space by servicing the upper and more profitable segments of the market. The lack of mortgage facilities, paucity of long term funds and other factors play together to make the long quoted figure of 17m housing deficits unlikely to change in the near future. Tackling this housing deficit remains a major challenge for the country. The low level of local content in construction further worsens the situation.
The spate of collapse during and after construction is rampant in the country and there is a dearth of building skills in the industry largely due to lack of a certification process. Local R&D in the sector has also been very low such that many buildings are not fitted to the local weather neither are they energy efficient. Nextzon can bring its experience to bear in assisting government and other industry players articulate viable solutions to some of these problems including the introduction of winning strategies to be adopted by discerning industry players.
- Process Redesign for a real estate company.
- Business Advisory Services- Restructuring and Institutionalisation for Crown Realties Plc.
- Business Plan for Real Estate Development for Dyneco Engineering & Construction. Nigeria Ltd.
- Business Plan for Honeywell Real Estate SPV.
- Business Development for Kaletu Hotels Limited.
- 5 Year Business Plan for Kaletu Properties Limited.
- Business development and Fund raising for Newco Hotel Calabar.
- Strategy Development and Issues, Business Plan for Coronation Real Estates.
- Real Estate Industry Analysis for Nigeria Army – Post Housing Development.
- Real Estate Sector Analysis for Heirs Holdings.
- Nigeria Real Estate Industry Analysis for Greenwich Trust Limited.
- Business Plan & Strategy Development for John Holt Plc.
- Fund Raising for Private Estate International.
- Development of Concept Paper, Business Plan for Energy City, Cross River for Cross River State.
- Review/ Design of Non-Core Operational and Management Processes/ Framework for MTS Property Development Coy.
- Business Plan and Fund raising for expansion for Kinghtsbridge Hotel Ltd.
- Business Development & Fund Raising for Topline Limited.
- Business Advisory relating to group modelling & organisational restructuring for Construction Kaiser.
- Recruitment Exercise for Propertygate Development & Investment Plc.
- Organisational Structure and end to End Institutionalization support for 1004 Estate.
- Development of corporate Governance strategy/ code for Greater Port Harcourt City Development Authority
- Business Optimisation for Pentagon Real Estate Investments
- Transaction Advisory: Co-Advisor and joint mandate executor to Reliance Estates Limited in their bid to acquire Core/Strategic Equity in NIRMSCO PROPERTIES LIMITED (OWNER OF NICON HILTON HOTELABUJA) and NIGERIA HOTELS LIMITED (including Caterer’s Court) under the on-going privatisation program of the Federal Government of Nigeria
- Transaction Advisory: Co-Advisor for acquisition of Unilever properties at Apapa and Raising of N1.42bn through Syndicated Note Issuance for the acquisition of the Unilever facilities for Standard Trust Bank Plc & IPMAN Petroleum Marketing Company Limited”
- Provided business development support, institutionalization, organizational restructuring and outsourced services for MTS Properties, a leading property management and construction company
We are an emerging market management consulting and enterprise development company, inspired by a collective mission of building and transforming business enterprises for phenomenal success in the market they operate in.
Address: 1 Rachael Nwangwu Close, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: GL +(234) 0812 722 7044