The financial services industry is currently faced with unprecedented challenges driven primarily by changing customer behavior, increasing digitalization and the emergence of innovative non-financial services companies offering competing products. As the pace of change increases, banks and other financial services institutions will be under increasing pressure to respond and take advantage on new market opportunities.
At Nextzon, we believe success in this new terrain will be driven by clarity and uniqueness of strategy, operating efficiency and a disciplined approach to execution using proven project management techniques.
We are well positioned to work with institutions in the Commercial banking, Investment banking, Microfinance, Insurance, Fintech and Pensions space to shape strategic responses that are aligned with their individual strengths, capabilities and new market opportunities.
- Conducted the strategic plans for the foreign operations of a leading Nigerian bank across six African countries.
- Provided corporate strategy development and implementation services for a leading pan African bank.
- Provided corporate strategy development services for a specialised commercial bank.
- Provided corporate strategy development services to a mid-sized Pension Fund Administrator.
- Designed a technology-driven performance measurement framework and dashboard to track bank wide performance for a leading commercial bank.
- Provided corporate strategy development services to three leading development banks in Nigeria.
- Re-affirmation and Group Operating Model Design for an insurance company.
- Advisory services with respect to strategy review and planning for one of the tier 2 banks in Nigeria.
- Advisory support in the facilitation of the 2011 e-payment stakeholders conference for E-payment Providers Association of Nigeria (E-PPAN).
- Development of corporate strategy for an African proprietary investment company with interests in the financial services industry, oil and gas, energy and others.
- Development of a group holding company operating strategy and provision of implementation support for a leading Fund Arranger.
- Assisted a mid-size Nigerian bank develop a new operating model/organizational structure to support its positioning in the consumer banking market space.
- Provided technical advisory services and assisted a pension & assets administration company in meeting the regulatory requirements for becoming a full-fledged Pensions fund administrator.
- Provided end to end restructuring services including financial management oversight, redesign of organizational structure and operational management for a merchandising company.
- Acted as Co-Lead Financial Advisor in of the oldest banks in Nigeria in a bid for the core investor stake in one of the commercial banks under the privatization process of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Enhancing Financial Innovation & Access: Comprehensive evaluation of existing branchless banking value proposition and development of a banking model for a microfinance bank.
- Development of corporate strategy and Business Plan for a development bank in Nigeria.
- Facilitation of the Corporate budgeting sessions for 2011 financial year for a Nigerian bank.
- Development of compliance plan for a bank on unbundling universal banking.
- Development of new corporate and competitive strategy for a leading insurance player
- Developed a new corporate strategy for a leading trusteeship industry.
- Assisted a tier II bank in articulating a new operating model/organizational structure.
- Developed business plan to establish two new businesses within an insurance group.
- Conducted a due diligence exercise which involved the review of the technology infrastructure and the IT environment for the acquisition of equity holding in a Nigerian bank.
- Assisted some publicly listed Nigerian banks to commence the process of setting up a banks in some African countries including the Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Republic, Gabon, Sierra Leone and Congo Brazaville; one of which required the facilitation of high level business missions to business leaders, key industry players, government officials and regulators in the country.
- Articulated a business plan for the setup of Finconnekt, a technology solution company for Microfinance banks in Nigeria.
- Articulated new process &policy development strategies for a Microfinance bank in South West Nigeria.
- Assisted a mid-sized Nigerian bank develop a new operating model/organizational structure.
- Assisted a publicly quoted Nigerian bank in its bid to acquire controlling shares in a bank in the Republic of Liberia.
- Assisted a regulator in the financial services industry in designing a holistic strategy for the financial system to support the country’s aspiration of becoming one of the top 20 countries in the world by 2020.
- Conducted Performance Appraisal of Board Members of a tier 2 Nigerian bank.
- Developed a business plan for the setup of a Microfinance Bank in Akure.
- Conducted a Corporate Governance Survey on the Banking Sector for a multilateral agency.
- Advisor & mandate executor for a venture company in the floatation of a $5m equity fund for the establishment of an Information & Communications Technology and a technology hub in South-South Nigeria.
- Developed corporate strategy for a leading investment bank.
- Articulated a “Blue Ocean” competitive strategy to enable a leading Nigerian Insurance company ascend to its next level of growth, and emerge as a leading player in the Nigerian and West African insurance industry.
- Facilitated a strategy session for a Pan-African Bank.
- Provided a business plan for a leading and dominant player in the Stock broking industry in Nigeria to determine the commercial, technical and economic feasibility of offering world class Online Stock Broking Services with a view to serving and capturing the largely untapped retail stock broking market in Nigeria.
- Acquisition of Universal Licenses in Sierra Leone for a couple of Nigerian banks.
- Developed and implementing a channel strategy for a mid-size Universal Bank in Nigeria.
- Strategy development for the leading West African Bank.
- Assisted in transforming and restructuring the business operations of Nigeria’s largest nonaligned mortgage bank.
- Assisted a publicly listed bank in Nigeria in acquiring a banking license in the Republic of the Gambia.
- Conducted a Country/Industry study, current position assessment and business due diligence for a publicly listed Nigerian bank in its bid to acquire a publicly listed bank in the Republic of Ghana.
- Initiated and set in motion the acquisition of a bank in Ghana for a large publicly quoted company in the banking and financial services industry in Nigeria.
- Business Advisory Services- Re-launch of a leading mortgage bank.
- Developed corporate strategy and set-up the banc assurance management system for a leading insurance company in Nigeria.
- Developed an industry study report and facilitated the articulation of a bold new strategic direction for the emergent bank; constituting three legacy banks.
- Facilitated the operational integration of two mid-large size Nigerian banks.
- Articulated strategy, set-up, designed and implemented the organization structure and management processes of an E-business ISO.
- Conducted a seminar on financial management for staff of the foreign consulate in Nigeria.
- Developed strategic business architecture to assist one of the largest banks in Nigeria in expanding its clientele base by winning some large corporate operators including one lo the leading beverage and brewing companies a leading fast food chain in Nigeria.
- Actively participated in the successful execution of marketing and communication strategy for the Initial Public Offering for one of the largest banks in Nigeria.
- Assisted one of the top five banks in Nigeria in evolving effective strategies for its Corporate and Investment Banking Group, (CIBG) Public Sector Group (PSG) and corporate strategy evaluation.
- Active involvement in developing the business operating strategy and company set up of an emerging leader in payment solutions with over 32 universities in its clientele.
- Set up a foreign operation of a Nigerian bank for Ghana and designed corporate strategy for the new bank.
- Strategy Development.
- Strategy Implementation & Project Management.
- Corporate Planning Retainership.
- Corporate Performance Measurement.
- Product Design & Implementation.
We are an emerging market management consulting and enterprise development company, inspired by a collective mission of building and transforming business enterprises for phenomenal success in the market they operate in.
Address: 1 Rachael Nwangwu Close, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: GL +(234) 0812 722 7044