Since the beginning of the decade, the fast moving consumer goods sector FMCG, has become a force to reckon with following its growing contribution to GDP. There has been improved performance in the scale and scope of operations of the different players in the industry especially on the floor of the Nigerian Stock exchange. The unquoted companies are not left out. The drivers of this phenomenal growth can be traced to some factors including changes in social trends, increased earning power of the middle class, improved technologies and the “internationalization” of Nigerian consumers.
Today, Lagos, Abuja and other state capitals have their high streets dotted with multinational FMCG players, offering competitive values across consumer electronics, food retail services, beverage, fashion and textiles, etc., to consumers of diverse demography and psychometrics. This is in addition to the growing ecommerce sub-sector and spin-offs from existing brick and mortar businesses. While riding on the back of population growth, the landscape is equally getting more competitive as a result of which good products may no longer be enough to guarantee success. Fluctuations in purchasing power especially linked to FX changes also challenge the sector.
- Recruitment Exercise for an international brewing and beverage company.
- Business Advisory Services for a chocolate factory in Nigeria.
- Strategy Development for one of the oldest and leading pharmaceutical company.
- Developed a new Group Holding model for a conglomerate with diversified businesses in foods, agriculture, telecommunications and infrastructure.
- Training services for the Nigerian operations of a multinational in the personal healthcare products and consumer goods industry.
The need for strategy in the FMCG space is becoming even more compelling. We help consumer products companies become more successful by identifying where to focus to build the most value. We assist in accelerating brand and category growth, expanding into new markets or optimizing costs, to name just a few.
We are an emerging market management consulting and enterprise development company, inspired by a collective mission of building and transforming business enterprises for phenomenal success in the market they operate in.
Address: 1 Rachael Nwangwu Close, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: GL +(234) 0812 722 7044