The increasingly competitive business landscape across several industries is making a renewed case for mergers and acquisitions in Nigeria today. While the financial services industry is at the forefront of this wave, activity in other industries is ramping up as a result of the poor state of the economy and declining business performance for many companies.
We work with buyers, sellers, and lenders across the full spectrum activities required to successfully consummate a merger or acquisition. Our transaction advisory offering delivers the highest levels of responsiveness and promotes regular dialogue through every stage of the transaction cycle. In general, this involves listening, understanding the needs of the clients and aligning the scope of our work with the overall transaction objectives.
At Nextzon, we bring our unique perspectives to every transaction and focus on identifying the critical value levers that will create successful outcomes for our clients. Therefore, no two transactions are exactly alike.
- Provided business case & commercial due diligence services to a leading Nigerian bank in a proposed acquisition of one of the R8 banks.
- Led and coordinated a team of other advisers for a publicly listed insurance company looking to acquire a large insurance company in Ghana.
- Provided valuation advisory services to a mid-sized Pension Fund Administrator.
- Provided transaction advisory and strategy development services to a group that acquired majority holding in a Nigerian regional bank.
- Set the Strategic Direction for and provided advisory services to one of the top five banks in Nigeria as it responds to the ongoing consolidation in the Nigerian banking industry: The project entailed advisory services for planned merger/acquisition; Initial Public Offer and cross border business combination involving one of the largest banks in Africa.
- Assisted a publicly quoted mid-sized Nigerian bank to commence acquisition of a bank in Kenya.
- Conducted market study research on fleet management operations for Rosabon Financial Services Ltd.
- Assisted a publicly listed Nigerian bank to bid for the acquisition of a bank in Togo.
- Initiated and set in motion the acquisition of an insurance company in Ghana for a publicly quoted insurance company in Nigeria.
- Assisted a publicly quoted Nigerian bank in the conduct of due diligence towards the acquisition of a distressed bank in the Republic of Benin.
- Facilitated the acquisition and set up of an insurance company for Oceanic Bank International Plc.
- Provided Advisory services and strategy development to one of the top five banks in Nigeria in proposed merger/acquisition of a leading investment banking firm in Nigeria.
- Effected the rebirth of an ICT company-HEIRS Technologies; a complete review of the organization and its processes and operational merger between IT companies leading to significant improvement in service quality and profitability.
- Completed acquisition, recapitalization and restructuring of an Insurance company HEIRS Insurance Company Limited (Now NICON Insurance Limited), on behalf of one of the largest banks in Nigeria.
- Co-Advisor & joint mandate executor to First Investments Consult Limited (a consortium of banks, Governments, institutional investors and high net worth individuals) in the strategic bid for Bureau of Privatisation of Public Enterprises sale of NICON Insurance Company Limited, the largest Insurance company in Nigeria in Year 2001/2002
- Co-Advisor & joint mandate executor to Shelter Point Properties Nigeria Limited in their proposed Acquisition of Core/Strategic Equity in CAPITAL HOTELS PLC, (OWNER OF ABUJA SHERATON HOTELS) ABUJA under the BPE privatization programme.
- Key Advisor in a team of Joint Financial Advisers on the Standard Trust Bank Plc Initial Public Offering for the raising of a projected N4 Billion
- Co-Advisor and joint mandate executor to Reliance Estates Limited in their bid to acquire Core/Strategic Equity in NIRMSCO PROPERTIES LIMITED (OWNER OF NICON HILTON HOTEL ABUJA) and NIGERIA HOTELS LIMITED (including Caterer’s Court) under the on-going privatisation program of the Federal Government of Nigeria
- Advisor & mandate executor in rendering Joint Financial Advisory/Issuing House services on a N1Billion Private offering by Smartpay Limited -uncompleted)
- Transaction Advisor to one of the top five banks in Nigeria in a N4 Billion Project Finance transaction with International Oilfields Services Limited and Suffolk Petroleum Services Limited with expected gross income of approximately USD100million) – Roles included, securitization of sea-going Vessels valued in excess of $18m and execution of due diligence at International Shipping Registries located at Panama, Belize, and New York. Vessels are diving support equipment for performing client’s contracts with Shell Petroleum and Exxon-Mobil Producing and registered under Panama, Belize and Liberia flags.
- Co-Advisor to Standard Trust Bank Plc & IPMAN Petroleum Marketing Company Limited- for acquisition of Unilever properties at Apapa and Raising of N1.42bn through Syndicated Note Issuance for the acquisition of the Unilever facilities.
- Business Case Development: Our involvement will usually commence with articulating a credible business case for the transaction, drawing from our understanding of the future direction of the industry and the current competitive dynamics affecting industry players. With this, we are able to help clients define their strategic intent in relation to prospective mergers & acquisitions and also provide a roadmap for navigating this notoriously challenging growth path.
- Due diligence advisory: We also assist clients evaluate the strategic and operational health of target companies they are looking to merge with or acquire. Our rigor and objectivity during this stage of the process will provide clients with all the information required to make informed decisions on transaction pricing and structure. It is undoubtedly one of the most important steps a company can take towards ensuring there is a clear alignment between the transaction intent and the realities of the target company.
- Post-Merger Integration & Project Management: Once the financial aspect of a merger or acquisition is concluded, we can also work with clients to rollout project management structures to drive operational integration and start the process of unlocking short and long term merger/acquisition synergies.
We are an emerging market management consulting and enterprise development company, inspired by a collective mission of building and transforming business enterprises for phenomenal success in the market they operate in.
Address: 1 Rachael Nwangwu Close, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: GL +(234) 0812 722 7044